If you love beauty, you’re in the right place.
As the ultimate curator of over 100 of the most in-demand, highly innovative and boundary-pushing beauty brands, we are the go-to destination for worldwide beauty discovery.
Together through our neighbourhood stores, online presence and loyalty scheme, Space NK has built a flourishing community in which to discover beauty. The customer is at the heart of everything we do, and we will always endeavour to offer everything they need to help them explore, experiment, and enjoy our brands.
The go-to destination for worldwide beauty discovery, Space NK is the ultimate curator of over 100 in-demand, highly innovative brands who share our passion for pushing beauty boundaries to discover something new. Online, we are working to replicate the truly bespoke experience customers have in stores and so far, that hard work is paying off with several years of strong online growth and much more planned.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Merchandiser to join our team to support the Merchandiser in planning and trading of the department/s, driving sales through effective stock planning and intake management, store analysis, as well as in-depth daily, weekly, and seasonal stock and sales analysis.
Areas of Responsibility
• Under the guidance of the Merchandiser, assist with sales planning and forecasting at brand and category level
• Able to help support the Merchandiser manage the WSSI and OTB process
• Ensure stock replenishment is maintained to drive sales and deliver optimum product availability, working towards 98% availability across A-C graded SKUs
• Oversee the allocator and the raising of POs to vendors, ensuring that an accurate delivery schedule of expected inbound stock is maintained.
• With guidance from the Merchandiser manage the intake of stock in line with agreed stock levels in order to maximise sales potential, suggesting ways to mitigate any risks
• Working closing with the Warehouse to manage the stock flow through the Distribution Centre, for both saleable and presentation stock, resolving any issues that arise
• Identify inventory liabilities and work with the Merchandiser and vendors to resolve
• Responsible for ranging SKUs for initial allocation of product by store inline with business requirements.
• Linking of new SKU to existing SKUs for allocations in AGR TRADING
• Prepare weekly trade summaries of KPIs within departments of responsibility to the B&M team, providing key insights on the best/worst sellers to influence stock and trading decisions
• Analyse sales at all product levels, identifying trends, opportunities for growth and highlighting potential risks to the Merchandiser
• Provide analysis for the success of promos and events
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required on specific products/product groups
• Assist in the generation of markdown proposals and analysis
• Providing weekly store sales and stock reports to the business
• Manage in-store stock levels to optimise sales and profit opportunities, ensuring they are regularly reviewing to meet the changing needs of the business and stock targets
• Create and maintain store plans for new stores
• Supervise the stock builds for new stores, ensuring stock targets are met and problem areas dealt
• Develop excellent working knowledge of all Merchandising systems, NAV, AGR, Qlikview, Qliksense
• Action detailed data integrity checks as necessary to ensure the efficient running of the department eg product lifecycle status and hierarchy accuracy
MANAGEMENT, TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Develop and build strong relationships and networks with cross functional partners both internally and externally
• Take responsibility for own personal development
• Assist in the development and training of the Allocators
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent Excel skills
• Experience of multi brand business; luxury brands is highly desirable
• Knowledge of a multi-channel business, stores and ecommerce ideal
Competencies and Personal Attributes
• Entrepreneurial mind set and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Enthusiastic and self-confident
• Problem solver and solutions orientated
• Analytical with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Adaptable and open to change, willing to take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
• Ability to demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills
• Resourceful and commercial
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please reach out to us.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Space NK are an equal opportunities employer.
How We Will Use Your Information
We will use the information you provide to us with your job application to help us process your application for the specific job you have applied for. If you apply speculatively, we will process your application for the job/relevant business area that you detail within your email.
Please note that our current system does not use an automated filtering system.
All applications made via the website, through a third-party website or in-store will be kept on file for a period of 12 months. This information will be retained and used to assess your suitability to similar positions that may arise in the future, or if the initial vacancy becomes live again during the 12-month period. If you would prefer us to not hold your information on file/ you wish to be ‘forgotten’ if you are not offered a position with Space NK, please email your ‘right to be forgotten’ to our recruitment email address with RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN as the title of the email. We will always inform you when we have deleted your application details, otherwise we will treat your application as consent to us holding this information.