Completing various development projects within Space NK, both in the UK retail business and US wholesale, working closely with the Senior NAV Developer. Responsibility for various technical areas within IT including ongoing development of Dynamics NAV, EDI, POS, related software and associated company communications.
Providing 3rd line technical support in line with business objectives and timelines. Working with key business stakeholders to enhance the system and ensure it is running optimally from a performance and business perspective.
• Enhancing the Dynamics NAV systems within Space NK with new developments and reviewing existing code to ensure performance is optimal in the system.
• Develop new functionality within NAV 2013 R2 in a structured way, from gathering requirements with end users and third parties, to documentation; development; testing; delivery and support.
• Adhere to Microsoft & company development standards and best practices.
• Assisting all levels of end user with technical and operational queries, on a 3rd level basis; working with the NAV Support Analyst to ensure problems are resolved as quickly and effectively as possible in line with SLA’s.
• Supporting the day to day running of our different instances of Dynamics NAV.
• Support the operation and functionality of our LS Retail POS solution.
• Produce training manuals and material as required.
• Liaising with external IT suppliers and remote support companies.
• Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
3+ years’ experience with NAV development.
Experience gained in a NAV 2013 support role within a retail company.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience with LS Retail, EDI, MobileNAV. Sound organisation skills Ability to prioritise workload.
A good communicator.
Desirable: MCP/Microsoft certification, although experience within the retail sector would be advantageous.
NAV development experience; full project lifecycle experience; attention to detail.
Retail Experience; SQL performance knowledge.
Calm temperament, able to deal with pressure when Department is busy.
Able to work on own initiative when required.
Polite and cooperative.
The role may be remote but weekly visits to the office in central London and period visits to the distribution warehouse in central London will be required.
Adaptable and Flexible - The requirements of this role includes a need for a flexible approach to duties carried out.